Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wednesday, Oct. 26: Friends, friends, and more friends

Today, lots of C3 friends visited around lunchtime. Jack and some of the guys from the men's group

joined my dad for lunch, and Ellie, Marsha, Karen, and Patti were there, as well!

Thank you, friends, for making the drive and bringing some sunshine into my dad's life. From what I can gather, my dad was pretty sleepy the whole time. Thanks for sending photos for me to share! Feel free to comment on your visit.

1 comment:

  1. We enjoyed our visit! We were all very glad to see him again.... I think your dad enjoyed it too, even though he dozed off a few times...the Nurse's Aide said that he had skipped his morning nap because the guys arrived, and we kept him busy until about 2:15. I was sitting next to him at lunch, and picked up a spoonful of (bean) soup to feed him. He ate it, then scrunched up his face. I thought the soup was too hot. Then he pointed to the bowl, and touched it with his finger. So I gave him another spoonful. Again, the same scrunched up face. Then the Nurse's Aide came over, and asked him if he liked the soup. He shook his head. She went and got him some chicken noodle soup, and he ate LOTS of spoonfuls of that, and dessert, too!! I think when he was pointing to the bowl, he was trying to push it away!! Besides being a funny story (I bet he was laughing at me in his head), this really made us realize how difficult it must be for him to communicate at all. Nora, does he like listening to music or anything? You can get podcasts of Ian's messages for him to listen to, if you think he'd like that.... just a thought.

    ReplyDelete