Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday, Oct. 23: Visitors Galore

There have been lots of visitors this weekend! Awesome. Thanks to Destinee and her husband for stopping by and the Chicago CD -- my dad and I listened to that on the way to the orchestra concert Friday night. Thanks to Cathy and Phil for stopping by with the phenomenal scones, and thanks to Paul and Gretta for keeping my dad company while the Lions lost today. If I'm forgetting someone, please feel free to remind me. I'd also like to say that if you manage to take a photo, you can email it to me so I can add it to the blog...that way the blog won't be full of photos that only I have taken.

My brother, aunt, and uncle arrived yesterday, and my mom and sister got here today.
My dad is still speaking very quietly, so it can be hard to hear him talk when we're in the dining hall or other noisier places. My aunt and uncle suggested that he communicate by typing messages into his iPad, but his tremor + touchscreen = not easy. I still have to talk to someone about reducing the tremor...I'm not sure if it's aggravated by the tumor or not.

Thanks again to all of the marvelous, supportive people who were able to stop by this weekend, and to all of you wonderful friends who support us from afar.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a busy weekend for Sherm! More of us would like to come up during this week, if that's ok....we don't want to tap his energy. We'll let you know before we make the trip. Did our flowers arrive ok? Didn't get a confirmation from the florist.

    ReplyDelete