Friday, December 9, 2011

My dad, mom, and I met with my dad's medical oncologist today. We decided to try to go ahead with chemotherapy starting in January. This was our second time meeting with this oncologist; the first time was in October. My dad slept through both appointments. :/ at any rate, the oncologist said there's a 10-20% chance of chemo helping, but we're willing to give it a shot. I know I don't say this nearly enough, but thank you to all of you for your support. I apologize for not checking in with you to see how you're coping; unfortunately, I've been so hyper-focused on myself. I hope you have good support systems if you're feeling down. I'm so happy that my dad has you in his life.

2 comments:

  1. Thank YOU for keeping us posted. So many of us read your notes, even if only a few of us write back. I'm happy that you're choosing to do everything you can for your dad - and hoping that the side effects of the chemo are not too bad. We've been hoping to get back up there once before Christmas, but things seem to be getting way too busy, and finding the time for the trip is tricky. Please know that we are thinking of you all, and sending all positive energy and love to your dear Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Robinson family,
    My parents and I have been keeping up with your posts. Just wanted to pass along our prayers and thoughts. If you guys need anything please don't hesitate to ask, were just around the corner!

    Sincerely,
    Hunter Rogers

    ReplyDelete